Turmeric Health Benefits and Uses
As we all know, we are all alive today because of the natural medicines that are available in the world. Even back in the beginning of humans, those who could harness the power of the right weeds and herbs to save the world were thought to be amazing and incredible. Today, modern medicine has developed to the point where we depend more on modern chemicals than the roots in which modern medicine came. There’s no question that the modern drugs can be beneficial, and have helped millions of people for many serious and non-serious conditions. But, there are down sides to relying entirely on modern medicine. We are so used to those chemicals that we forget that sometimes the old fashioned herb or spice can have just as many healing powers and potential as the new and fancy medicines. The best part is, it’s available very cheaply at the grocery store. One of these magical and natural herbs that we need to recognize is turmeric.
What is Turmeric?
As you may already know depending on your cooking taste, Turmeric is a spice that is popular in Indian foods. It has a kick of flavour to it, so it is a popular option for those who love living on the wild side of life from time to time. Turmeric is a member of the ginger family, and has the same yellow and orange look to it for that reason.
Turmeric Health Benefits. For years and years, this special spice has been used to spice up foods and even drinks to give them a loud flavour, but it has also been used in the historical world as a powerful drug as well. Turmeric uses will be explained later for you to understand, but it is a spice that has been around for a long time, making itself known in many different cultures over a long period of history. One thing you will be sure of after you finish reading this article is that you will never look at this seemingly simple spice the same way again. Like many spices and herbs, its got a lot going on under the surface that will seriously impress you and make you think twice about its worth.
Turmeric Health Benefits and Uses
Turmeric is one of the most powerful spices out there that can be used for all sorts of things, some that may be surprising to you, and some that are pretty mainstream. Whether you came here looking for medicinal, natural, or random uses of Turmeric, you got a bit of everything, and you will greatly appreciate what it will do for yourself as well as your health and safety.
We understand that you may not be ready to jump on the Turmeric train yet, for one reason or another, but this article should have given you enough information (and excitement!) to think about it seriously. You can always use this as a starting point for your research into Turmeric as well. Whatever you think is best for you.
As mentioned, Turmeric is traditionally used in food because of its delicious flavour. In the medicinal world, however, Turmeric can often be found to be useful for those who are looking for relief from inflammation. There are many elements to this spice that help with inflammation, making it the perfect dietary supplement for those who are fighting arthritis or any other debilitating and painful sickness. There are so many ways that Turmeric can be used to your health, that you can’t help but love it.
Turmeric Health Benefits:
- Many find that Turmeric will serve as a powerful aid to the immune system. Those who are living with compromised immune systems will find that this is a powerful supplement to consider. In this way it will also allow you to get over any kind of flu or cold much faster and easier than without.
- Turmenic is a great natural teeth whitener. It may seem strange, as it can stain your skin, but if mixed into a recipe correctly, the benefits will greatly outweigh the staining, and you will find that your teeth will sparkle with little to no work from you.
- Turmeric can kill all sorts of disgusting parasites when eaten, making it a great option to consider if you are suffering from a yeast infection or some other kind of parasite-caused problem.
- Turmenic is using in breast enlargement as a estrogenic herb.
- There is also some evidence – though it is still new at this point – that Turmeric can help your brain stay strong against the threat of Alzheimers or Dementia, making it a critical supplement option to those who are at a high risk of developing it.
Speaking of which, there are all sorts of benefits to having Turmeric in your life, some external, and some internal.
The biggest benefit is that you will have a healthier digestive track, as Turmeric will clear out any kind of bacteria that is lurking there and just looking for a way to make you sick. This makes it a great cold combatant when you are struggling to get rid of that stuffy nose or stomach flu.
If you are prone to skin cancer, you’ll be happy to know that there is evidence in Turmeric being seen as a cancer killer, especially for the skin. If that’s not a reason to get this spice into your life, I don’t know what is!
Turmeric can help you make a great tasting cake with its kick of flavour. Look online for some great recipes and don’t be afraid to get a little wild with the bottle, it can often lead to some of the best discoveries, after all.
If you’re looking for a natural food dye for easter eggs or play dough, Turmeric is the spice for you. It is safe and sure to make you feel crafty and safe knowing that there are no chemicals in your mix, which is not easy to say these days.
You will find that Turmeric is a great spice to add to rice, chicken, tea, or anything else, making it an easy thing to add to your regular diet. So that is a definitely benefit on its own, while you may not think so right away.
A benefit that you are going to love in using Turmeric in scrubs and rinses (you can find all sorts of options online in terms of recipes), is that you will have clean, healthy, and smooth skin.
It can even be used with all sorts of great results as a scalp treatment. It is said to help tackle the dandruff problem and even help promote hair growth and strength.
A well known benefit to Turmeric is that you can use it as a tamer for an upset stomach, no matter what the cause of it is. In this way, Turmeric is seen as one of those excellent options for those who are looking for a “cure all” spice to add to their lives. This is not the end but only the start of the list of benefits out there….
As far as an exact turmeric dosage goes, it’s always a good idea to consult your doctor ahead of time because you never know what s/he might have to say about your personal health profile, or for your dosage amount, if they are open to the idea of taking Turmeric.
As always, use caution when starting with it, and gradually add more dosages to your diet as you see fit. Remember that there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing, so use this spice sparingly to make sure you get all of its benefits and none of its side effects.
There is quite a lot of debate over the safe levels of Turmeric. It is believed in the historical days that it was used as a form of birth control, so those who are looking to get pregnant, or who have just delivered a baby should stay away from this spice, as there is no telling what kind of effect it can have on a baby.
Other than that condition, however, many natural scientists agree that a moderate level of Turmeric in your diet is safe and even recommended. Many people use it to cook once in a while, which is great, but you can consider using it in tea or something else to boost its effectiveness and to get you taking it in more often.
What Are The Side Effects of Using Turmeric?
In terms of side effects of Turmeric, there are only three big ones worth worrying about.
- The first one is an allergic reaction. You need to make sure that you can tolerate Turmeric being in your system. If you suspect you have an allergy to Turmeric talk to you doctor, or get rid of it.
- Another side effect of Turmeric is the fact that you are having too much of it in your diet. This can lead to all sorts of problems that will cause you no end of heartache, so remember to start with low and infrequent dosages until you get used to it. If you are taking too much of it, your body will let you know.
- Lastly, Turmeric can sometimes stain the skin orange or yellow, so make sure you are aware of that if you are using it as a scrub or rub of some kind. This turmenic side effect is only short lived, but it is one to think about for sure.
What it all boils down to is that Turmeric has a lot going for it. There are all sorts of great ways that you can use Turmeric and they go far beyond food due or a anti-inflammatory. The benefits of this powerful spice are still being discovered, too, so there are quite a lot of good things still to come. There aren’t a lot of side effects to using Turmeric, so if you want a natural remedy that is going to please you in many ways, this is definitely the best option to look at.
So, there you have it, all of the relevant information that you need to keep in mind about Turmeric. Remember that you don’t have to agree with all of it, but you do have to decide whether or not you’re interested in trying it for yourself. Consider it seriously and them do some research on your own about it. Odds are that you will continue to be powerfully impressed until you decide for once and for all whether this is a useful addition to your life.
Remember, if you’re reading this and feeling discouraged, that everything in life comes with a dark cloud to it. S, don’t be discouraged, just be careful and listen to your body for signs that you should lay off Turmeric.
How To Use Turmeric?
We’ve already talk about a lot of the Turmeric Health Benefits, but there are so many other ones to talk about, too.
- One of the best ways to put Turmeric into your body is in tea. There is some sold in stores, or you can make your own brew by looking online and finding the perfect taste for you.
- In this same way, Turmeric also works extremely well as part of a tonic. It’s easy to see that this is a versatile spice in your life, right?
- Can be used as a face mask (acne treatment)
- teeth whitening paste
- Use turmenic as a spice – natural leaves or dried powder
Turmeric Products Best Review
- 3-in-1 Turmeric Benefits: promotes healthy inflammation response, supports cardio health and cognitive function*
- Clinical Strength Turmeric is sourced from the rainy tropics where it grows bursting with phytonutrients
- Full-Spectrum, whole-herb approach provides multiple Turmeric compounds including Curcumin – no black pepper needed for absorption
- Super-Pure & Potent Turmeric: Supercritical herbal extraction process uses natural carbon dioxide to gently extract delicate plant compounds & beneficial oils from organic Turmeric*
- 100% Vegetarian, Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, No Synthetic Fillers, Made in the USA, No Artificial Flavors or Colors
2. Dr. Tobias Turmeric Curcumin – 15x Strength: 750 mg per Capsule of 95% Curcuminoids Plus Bioperine – 120 Capsules
- 15x STRENGTH CAPSULES: Many brands use cheap Turmeric extract that is not standardized or only add 50mg of the 95% extract in. With each of our capsules, you will receive the full health benefits of 750mg Turmeric extract that is standardized to 95% Curcuminoids. Isn’t it time to discover the difference that comes from 100% quality and 15x strength capsules
- WITH PATENTED TECHNOLOGY, OPTIMUM TURMERIC IS MORE BIOAVAILABLE THAN PLAIN TURMERIC PRODUCTS. We use the patented Bioavailability Booster BioperineÂ® to aid absorption and make you feel good when taking this product.
- KEY HEALTH BENEFIT: Turmeric Curcumin is considered a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support. It supports healthy joints, antiaging, and cell health.*
- BEST VALUE: FOUR MONTHS SUPPLY (120 VEGETARIAN CAPSULES). Smart purchasing made easy – Dr. Tobias 15x strength capsules for the best price lasting long
- QUALITY MADE IN THE USA, according to cGMP stardards. Use with pride and confidence.
3. Organic Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine Black Pepper Extract – 120 Veg. Capsules
- CONTAINS 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC TURMERIC (ROOT POWDER):No other company offers CERTIFIED Organic turmeric (More Potent) – 1 capsule
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE PERIOD: Not Only does Our Product have CERTIFIED ORGANIC TURMERIC but it also has patented Bioperine® Black Pepper Extract.*
- CONTAINS Bioperine®: Bioperine® is used to increase the bioavailability of Organic Turmeric Curcumin. This helps your body maximize the value of the Turmeric Supplement and increase absorption.*
- STANDARDIZED 95% CURCUMINOIDS: Regular turmeric only contains 2-6% curcuma longa. However, studies show most of the health benefits comes from the curcuma longa. Our product contains Turmeric that is standardized to 95% curcuminoids, so that you get a more potent dose of CONCENTRATED curcumin (This is NOT regular turmeric).*
- ALL THE GREAT INGREDIANTS IN ONE BOTTLE: 100% Certified Organic Turmeric – 350mg Also get 150mg of Turmeric Extract that has been Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids and You get 5mg of BioPerine Black Pepper Extract
4. NaturaBest Antioxidant – Turmeric Curcumin 450 MG Curcuma Longa 60 Capsules
- NaturaBest Turmeric Curcumin – a natural antioxidant shown to aid in joint relief*
- Derived from the root and from an extract, this blend of turmeric curcumin is the most potent on the market
- 60 capsules – dosed and formulated to deliver efficient and healthy results
- Made in the USA in a GMP certified facility
5. NatureWise ORGANIC Curcumin Turmeric, 120 caps, 500 mg, Includes Ginger and BioPerine for Maximum Absorption
- Our non-GMO organic curcumin helps to protect cells against oxidative stress and deterioration. Organic ginger and black pepper help provide enhanced bioavailability and superior absorption
- Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, contains a high concentration of polyphenols, plant-based antioxidants believed to provide a wide range of health and wellness benefits
- Ginger is a polyphenol with complementary antioxidant properties. The combined antioxidant support of curcumin and ginger may assist in several protective functions in the GI tract and in the liver
6. OrganiHeart – Turmeric Curcumin – 100% Natural Antioxidant – 120 Capsules (120 Capsules) (120 Capules)
- GMP certified and manufactured in the USA for unsurpassed purity and quality.
- Has been shown to gently ease joint pain and inflammation.
- Super strong dose of concentrated antioxidants for a healthy boost.
- 120 capsules for a long lasting supply without constant re ordering.
- Certified free from unnatural ingredients and fillers which can cause unwanted side effects.
7. Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine 1500mg. Highest Potency Available
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Feel healthier and stronger or your money back, no questions asked!
- HIGHEST POTENCY AVAILABLE TURMERIC PILLS ENHANCED WITH BIOPERINE
- ALL NATURAL, NON-GMO, FILLERS, BINDERS OR PRESERVATIVES
- DOCTOR FORMULATED MADE IN USA TURMERIC CAPSULES
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Not only is our tumeric curcumin supplement more potent, we use patented BioPerine (10mg per serving) for increased absorption and bioavailability. Turmeric with black pepper is essential in good curcumin supplements (turmeric supplement). We only use pure and raw ingredients in all our formulas.
8. Swanson Premium Turmeric 720 Mg 240 Caps
- Value Size-4-month supply!
- Features a high concentration of powerful antioxidant curcuminoids
- Free radical protection for digestive system health
- Natural tonic for the liver and gastrointestinal system
9. Simply Organic Turmeric Root Ground Certified Organic, 2.38-Ounce Container
- 2.38 ounces; Glass bottle
- Organic Alleppey turmeric, with a minimum 4% curcumin content, for warm color and flavor
- Certfied Organic; Kosher
- 1% of sales supports organic farming
- A Brand of Frontier Co-op, responsible to people and planet
10. Youtheory Turmeric Advanced Formula Tablets – 180 ct
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SUPPORT
- EFFICIENT ANTIOXIDANT
- CURCUMINOIDS ARE PROTECTED WITH ENTERIC COATING
- IMMUNE SUPPORT